- 04-Nov-2014 to 10-Dec-2014 (EST)
- Hicksville, NY, USA
- Full Time
Sid Wainer & Son Specialty Produce Delivery Driver
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate manual and automatic 26 ft delivery trucks
- Ability to interact with Sid Wainer & Son customers and be a frontline representative of the Company
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- State of New YorkClass A/B/C/D License
- Able to obtain a Department of Transportation Medical Examiner's Card
- Able to pass a Department of Transportation Road Test
- Two to three years of verifiable driving experience
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Physically able to continuously stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move/push/pull/lift items weighing from 60 lbs to 200 lbs
- 4 -5 day work week, available on weekends and able to work overtime
- Able to pass pre-employment/random drug tests
- Able to follow oral and written direction
- Qualified applicant must have reliable transportation
- General knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the transportation field
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- employee must be able to work independently and demonstrate a commitment to company standards to product quality and keep work area/vehicle clean, sanitized, and organized
- Performs deliveries, pick-ups, and returns of produce, dairy products, and dry goods to from Sid Wainer customers and suppliers.
- Uses of the UPS Logistics Mobilecast program to review route assignments and log whereabouts while making deliveries using a Nextel/Sprint Direct Connect handset / phone.
- Reviews paperwork for assigned route(s) to ensure that all invoices are present and in good condition.
- Inspects cargo loads to ensure that they are packed appropriately
- Prepares customer orders by verifying them with delivery invoices for accuracy, delivering them to customer facility, and assisting with check in and placement of products at the client facility. Receives signatures on invoices for items delivered and collects any cash on delivery payments when necessary.
- Assists Warehouse and Trucking departments in picking and loading any shorted product for delivery routes. Also makes Dispatch and supervisors aware of any delivery delays, shorts, errors, or quality issues that may require a reship to the customer immediately.
- Completes, organizes, and turns in all appropriate paperwork and invoices, making sure that all checks and monies are balanced and included in the drop.
- Ensures that all vehicles are cleaned out properly and the end of each shift.
- Takes multiple routes per day depending on volume and client demands.
- Completing any other delivery related or company related duties that may be needed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- 401 K
- Weekly Incentive pay
- Alcohol & Drug Free workplace
Sid Wainer & Son https://sidwainer.applicantpro.com
- Auto-fill Application Using LinkedIn
Sign Up For Job Alerts!