- 01-Feb-2013 to 02-Apr-2013 (EST)
- New Bedford, MA, USA
- Full Time
Medical,Dental,401K, 30 Day 90 Day Yearly Review,Paid Vacations,Life Insurance,Short/Long Term Disability
Under general supervision of the Shift Supervisor or Management level position within the warehouse. The order selector is responsible for picking orders requested by Sid Wainer & Son. Ensures orders are picked accurately and efficiently, all while following safety guidelines, continually striving for improved customer satisfaction. In order to meet the above criteria, responsibilities and requirements for the position are as follows:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately pick orders verifying quantity and the description of the items being picked.
- Meet company goals and objectives in terms of proper order picking method and loading of the trucks.
- Check each order after the order picking process is completed to ensure the product is placed and stacked appropriately to prevent damage during transit.
- Ensure that "wrong product shipped", "wrong unit measure" and "shorts" are maintained to the company standards.
- Utilize "preferred methods" for picking orders.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment (safety) at all times in the warehouse.
- Comply with all company appropriate policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Must maintain a clean and neat working environment in the warehouse at all times during hours of operations without exceptions.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet productivity goals.
- Perform related duties as assigned by your supervisor or management.
- Physically able to continuously stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move/push/pull/lift items weighing from 60 lbs to 200 lbs
- 4 -5 day work week, available on weekends and able to work overtime
- Ride On Electric Pallet Jack Certification Required
- Able to follow oral and written direction
- Qualified applicant must have reliable transportation
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short/Longterm Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacations and Holidays
- 401 K
- Weekly Incentive pay (limited positions)
- Alcohol & Drug Free workplace
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!