- 10-May-2013 to 09-Jul-2013 (EST)
- New Bedford, MA, USA
- Full Time
Medical,Dental,401K, 30 Day 90 Day Yearly Review,Paid Vacations,Life Insurance,Short/Long Term Disability
About Sid Wainer & Son
Sid Wainer & Son is the leader of the produce and specialty foods industry, we are also the only HACCP certified produce company in the United States. We have been recognized by the President of the United States, as well as the Secretary and Under Secretary of the United States Department of Agriculture for our success.
Sid Wainer & Son is the fastest growing specialty produce and specialty foods company in the nation. We supply 23,000 restaurants on a daily basis in North America.
Sid Wainer & Son has won numerous awards in the fancy food industry. We have been recognized in countless articles about food safety, eating healthy and the Mediterranean diet, most recently by the Associated Press in the Wall St Journal. We lead the country in exploration of international produce, and specialty foods. We have been highly acclaimed over recent months in numerous publications for various products that we have sourced and introduced to chefs throughout the United States.
Commercial HVAC/Refrigeration Technician
- Installs HVAC and Refrigeration equipment and systems.
- Inspects systems and their accessories for the purpose of ensuring safety and identifying necessary repairs and providing an ongoing program of preventive maintenance.
- Diagnoses problems and/or failures in HVAC and Refrigeration systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and replacement needs.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of refrigeration systems.
- Repairs various items, systems and/or components for the purpose of ensuring that equipment is operational and in safe working condition.
- Requests equipment and parts for the purpose of completing the necessary installation/repair.
- Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
- Must have valid Massachusetts Refrigeration Technician License
- Must have 5 years of verifiable Commercial HVAC and Refrigeration service experience.
- Experience in repairing and maintaining Commercial refrigeration systems, walk-in/reach-in freezers and coolers, refrigerated serving lines, ice machines.
- Experience troubleshooting Commercial HVAC systems and equipment, and making necessary repairs.
- Must be able to read and understand wiring diagrams and schematics, and know relay-logic.
- EPA Type I & II required. (EPA 608 Universal will be accepted)
- Successful completion of an approved apprenticeship program/trade school/vocational program in HVAC and refrigeration repair.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Good people skills with an outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans.
- Meeting deadlines and schedules
- Working as part of a team
- Working with constant interruptions
- Displaying mechanical aptitude
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short/Longterm Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- 401 K
- Alcohol & Drug Free workplace
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!